Organic Wine from Mallorca
Cellar CAN FELIU : MEDITERRANEAN, TRADITION, WINE AND NATURE.
Wine cellar Can Feliu is situated in Porreras, Majorca, and was established in 1790 to produce wine from grapes coming from vineyards in Son Drago, Son Barbut and Son Dagueta. In 1999 six hectares of vines from Son Daguete were transplanted here, and in 2003 our wine making adventure started.
We presently grow 10 hectares of organically produced grapes of the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot, Callet and Chardonnay. We care for the environment, and production is done following the natural cycles of each variety, respecting biodiversity and growing different types of fruit trees, thus encouraging the reproduction of native plants and wildlife.
- Alè de Cabernet 2004- Short listed at the International organic wines awards Biofach 2006, Germany.
- Alè de Syrah 2004 – Short listed at the international organic wines awards Biofach 2006, Germany
- Alè de Cabernet 2005 – Gold medal at the international Awards 2007, Brussels. Silver Star at the Organic wines awards, Estella – Lizarra
- Binerbo 2005- 100 points valuation in the magazine “Mallorca wein 2008/2009″
- Alè de Cabernet 2006- Bronze Medal in Ecoracimos 2008
- Alè de Sirà 2006 – Silver Medal in Ecoracimos 2008. Short listed at the International organic wines awards Biofach 2009, Germany
- Alè de Merlot 2006 – Silver Medal in Ecoracimos 2008. Silver Medal at the International organic wines awards Biofach 2009, Germany
- Binerbo 2006 – Gold Medal at the International organic wines awards Biofach 2009, Germany.
Alè de Merlot
Deep garnet, with blue hues on the surface. Hints of sweet plum, mulberry and compote, as well as cinnamon and a bit of spice. Long finish.
100% Merlot. One year in French oak barrels. 15% alcohol.
Deep ruby with blue hues. Very fragrant, with fresh fruit, wood and roasted coffee flavours. Citric finish.
100% Syrah. One year in French oak barrels. 14% alcohol.
Red, Dark crimson, bright medium high depth.
Powerful on the palate, it keeps the fruit. Very balanced acidity and tannin.
30% Cabernet, 10% Syrah, 60% Merlot.
12 Months Cask ageing, 3rd year French oak
Red, dark crimson, high depth with blueish hues.
Once decanted sugared plums, mulberry and compotes. 100% Cabernet sauvignon, 12 months Cask ageing, 1st and 2nd year French oak. 18ºC Temperature.
Powerful on the palate, pleasant texture, perfect balance between acidity and tannins.
Straw with hues of green. Clean in the, with floral aromas that turn to citric. Sweet, balanced, light bodied, with long finish.
60% Chardonnay, 30% Prensal Blanc, 10% Malvasia.
Rosé, Pale salmon, swan feather
Fresh, strawberry and raspberry candy.
70% Merlot, 30% Callet, 13.5% Alcohol
2 years On the nose penetrating and encapsulating aroma of vanilla and coconut, mature fruits.Very persistent. Powerful on the palate, it maintains the citric tones but acidity is balanced. Long and persistent finish.