Autumn has arrived and it’s a perfect occasion to taste a traditional and mediterranean recipe: butter bean and iberico chorizo from Spain with tomatoes, that has spice, bulk and taste, but with fewer calories, absolutely delicious and is really filling too.
We hope that you will enjoy it, in under half an hour, as much the blogger Karen did sharing with her readers in lavenderandlovage.com.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
– 25g Spanish extra iberico chorizo from Salamanca (Mariscal&Sarroca)
– 1 onion
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 x 400g tin of butter beans
– 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
– Smoked paprika
– Put the finely diced iberico chorizo from Salamanca into a large saucepan and heat over a gentle heat until the oil begins to run. Then add the peeled onions and garlic, place a lid on the pan and sauté over a gentle heat, stirring every now and then until the onions and garlic are soft.
– Add the drained butter beans and tinned tomatoes and stir well. Then add some smoked paprika to taste, stir and replace the lid. Simmer over a gentle heat for about 10 minutes.
– Add a little water or vegetable stock if the stew is too thick, then adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper and serve in warmed soup bowls.